How to Make a John Collins Cocktail
What is a John Collins cocktail?
A John Collins cocktail is a classic highball drink that originated in the 19th century. It is a refreshing and citrusy cocktail that is perfect for any occasion. Traditionally, it is made with gin, lemon juice, sugar, and soda water. However, we are going to put a twist on this classic by using Starward Two-Fold Whisky.
Why Starward Two-Fold Whisky?
Starward Two-Fold Whisky is a unique Australian whisky that brings a rich and smooth flavour profile to the John Collins cocktail. It is a blend of malted barley and wheat, aged in Australian red wine barrels, which gives it a distinct character. The fruity and spicy notes of the whisky complement the citrus flavours of the cocktail, creating a delightful combination.
- 60ml Starward Two-Fold Whisky
- 30ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15ml simple syrup
- Soda water
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Fill a Collins glass with ice cubes.
- Pour 60ml of Starward Two-Fold Whisky into the glass.
- Add 30ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Pour in 15ml of simple syrup.
- Stir the mixture gently to combine the ingredients.
- Top up the glass with soda water.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
- Serve and enjoy!